Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Conversion | How it all Began

After we had Elijah I decided to go onto the Mirena.
Oh the JOYS...
Really it was.
I enjoyed it, every now and then I felt ill and would want to retch.
Normal things that happen to us ladies.
(not going to get into it).

However, last year was the year for me to remove it and I REALLY wanted to replace it.
BUT...
yep there is a but.
Some of you girls out there are probably thinking that I was crazy to add in the BUT.

So, in the mean time, Jacques was exploring Catholicism and listening to ALL kinds of awesome podcasts and reading all kinds of information and also chatting to a few of his Catholic friends; which included a man who was a catholic to protestant to catholic convert. Jacques has had about 4 - 5 years of dialoguing with the Catholic Church.

Last year July, while I was trying to look for recipes and extra worksheets for the kids to do, he was busy listening to a podcast Roots of Immorality: The Aftermath of the 1930 Lambeth Conference Fr. Eric Bergman
And being the wonderful husband he is, he shared and thought that I would enjoy listening to it; a christian view on contraception, before I made the decision to replace my IUD.

So I did and it totally rocked my head, the way I thought of Life.

At that point I was against abortion and I was closed to Life.
I was comfortable.
I had two Boys that were just happy, and I could NOT possibly teach another child their ABC's!
I couldn't do it.
I JUST COULD NOT DO IT!

But in God style, my ways are not His, He smacked me on the head and reminded me that only HE can speak in absolutes!

So that August I went in had the Mirena removed.
After the procedure the Dr asked what "preventative methods" had I chosen for the future.
I said "NFP."
"Uh...?? You know that you can get pregnant that way??? I suggest you go on some sort of pill?"
"I do know that I can get pregnant this way, but now I am open to Life."
She shook her head at me the same way I do when the boys have eaten a WHOLE box of smarties!

When I said it then, I did not realise that it meant Life in so many ways.

That August was the beginning of many late night, early morning, weekend long discussions/debates with Jacques. That September was the start of our RCIA classes, we were blessed to have been allowed to join half way through.

This is month 10 of our Natural Family planning. So far so good. 


I love that this began as a ProLife journey.
In so many ways!
Love & Light


Joshua Levi - 1 years Old 2006 | Reason #1 for Becoming Open to Life


Heart 2007

Elijah Daniel - 2 months old 2007  | Reason #2





4 comments:

  1. Kudos to you! Isn't it amazing that doctors shake their head at the thought of another pregnancy...isn't that job security??? I hope you include this in the "nfp and me" linkup for NFP week this week. hint, hint!! blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!!!
      I know!!!
      Thanks for the heads up and MOSTLY thanks for stopping by!
      L&L
      Nicky

      Delete
  2. thank you so much for sharing your story and being a witness!
    i'm not married [yet] but many of us who aren't appreciate the perspective of those who are in the midst of it all right now and still being faithful to their convictions and their calling.

    ReplyDelete